Friday, September 5, 2008

Storm's a-brewin'.

So here it is a b-e-a-utiful Friday. I have one short class and the day off from work. It sounds wonderful, doesn't it? I'm going to try to soak in as much relaxation as I can for today, because tomorrow that bitch Hannah is supposed to rain down on us and lord knows what kind of chaos a few gusts of wind and some torrential downpours will cause. If I'm lucky it won't be enough to cause major damage, but just enough for the higher-ups to say, "No use making them go in when no one else will be out." Yeah. That's more like it.

Yesterday was kind of a rough day and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I woke up on time, got to school on time, and even had lunch with my brother (which is always nice), but by the time I got to work I was in a right foul mood. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I wasn't able to squeeze in the 30-minute power nap I was so hoping for. Or maybe it was because of how bloody hot it was outside. Either way, it made for an incredibly long and painful night.


I think my only saving grace was this little family that came in. An older gentleman, his wife, and his younger sister. I could tell from the way that they sort of skirted some of my questions that something had happened. Something rather serious, in fact, that warranted the sister's relocation. She walked in with her hair kind of messy, a lazy, slapped-together outfit, and a somewhat frightened look on her face. I'm kind of used to this, since a lot of the women that walk into the store either don't like to try on clothes in-store or just don't like you butting into their business. SORRY MISSY, but that's kind of my job (well, somewhat). This family was different though. I gave my input, helped pick out clothes and put together outfits, and they really appreciated it. I could see the woman's spirits rising a bit and for the first time in a while, I felt satisfied with my job. I signed on to this gig so I could help women feel good about themselves. Sure, clothing is kind of a superficial "quality" to be proud of, but when you think you look good, you feel good. Call me crazy, but it's kind of a universal fact. I wish all my customers could be like her. If that was the case, I'm pretty sure I'd love my job.

So after getting home at 9:50 I changed into my pajamas, crashed on the couch and didn't move an inch for the rest of the night. Let's hope today I can be a bit more productive, haha.

No comments: